Atlanta Buckhead Reflexology & Full body Spa
Life in Atlanta is often incredibly stressful which can result in plenty of ailments. If you’re looking to get help here in Atlanta for something specific or just general stress, reflexology is for you. The following is some information on reflexology and what it can help.
What is reflexology?
Reflexology is the physical act of applying pressure to specific areas on the feet, hands and ears. The specific areas are known as zones and they mirror the image of the body thus applying pressure promotes physiological change.
When you come to see us in Atlanta you will have a quick consultation with us followed by the reflexologist assessing your feet and stimulating various points to identify areas of tenderness or tension. The reflexologist will then use brisk movements to warm the feet up then apply pressure from the toes to the heel according to your comfort.
Can reflexology help?
Reflexology promotes relaxation, improves circulation, reduces pain, soothes tired feet and encourages overall healing it has also been shown to help a huge range of ailments such as:
● Headaches and tension headaches
● Digestive disorders and constipation
● Hormonal imbalances
● Sports injuries
● Menstrual disorders such as PMS and menorrhagia
● Back pain
Swedish massage is the perfect antidote for the fast paced, non-stop life Atlanta has to offer.
What is Swedish Massage?
A swedish massage is the most common form of massage and consists of 5 basic movements:
● Effleurage which is long and gliding strokes along the body helps increase blood flow to the heart and removes poisons from the muscles;
● Petrissage which is a kneading and squeezing movement which removes knots and lumps from the muscles improving efficiency and comfort;
● Tapotement which is a gentle drumming or tapping of the body;
● Vibration which is a rhythmic and rapid shaking of the body which loosens muscles and relaxes;
● Friction which works on muscle fibres and is done in circular or perpendicular motions, it is helped with the aid of massage oils.
Can a Swedish Massage help?
Swedish massage helps move blood around the body without raising the load on the heart and flushes out toxins from the muscles, because of this it dramatically decreases recuperation time, it has also been shown to reduce both emotional and physical stress by impacting particular nerves and relieving muscle tension.